Our private school employs lead teachers who hold their Montessori Teacher Certification from the American Montessori Society (AMS) or the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) at the level they are actively teaching: Toddler, Primary (3-6 year old), Lower Elementary (6-9 year old), Upper Elementary (9-12 year old), and Middle School (12-14 year old).
In addition, many of our lead teachers have degrees in education. Our teachers have received their training at a variety of accredited Montessori training centers in the United States and Europe. While our part-time teaching assistant positions do not require a Montessori teaching credential, we seek individuals with academic preparation in education (bachelor’s prepared) and classroom experience at the level they would be assisting within our school. We also have a variety of specialty teachers who are steeped in their subject area and who adapt their teaching style to our Montessori philosophy.
We are eager to meet Montessori credentialed teachers throughout the year who are interested in working at our school. In this way, when we have an opening, we can contact candidates who already know about our school and who may have already visited us.
Whether you hold a Montessori teaching credential or you have an interest in exploring teaching career with a Montessori private school we welcome you to sign up for an Admissions Tour. This is a great way to get a feel for our campus, teachers, students, and programs. Both the American Montessori Society and the Association Montessori Internationale are wonderful resources for learning more about Montessori philosophy and to find out more about Montessori teacher training programs. Richmond Montessori School offers a limited number of internships for Montessori teacher candidates seeking to complete their practicum year in a dually accredited Montessori school. If you are interested in a teaching internship at RMS, please contact the school for more information.
If you are a highly motivated team player who holds an AMS or AMI teaching credential in Toddler, Primary, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary or Middle School, and you would like to find out more about teaching opportunities with RMS, please email this application, your resume and letter of interest to Assistant Head of School, Kim Waite, at email@example.com.
Employment Opportunities For 2018
Director of Advancement
Richmond Montessori School seeks Director of Advancement who reports to, and works closely with, the Head of School, and in close collaboration with the administrative leadership team to advance the mission of the school; inspiring academic excellence and nurturing human potential. For fifty years, Richmond Montessori School (RMS) has provided the highest quality Montessori education in the metro-Richmond area, with full accreditation by the American Montessori Society and the VirginiaAssociation of Independent Schools. Our dedicated faculty and staff of 60 employees serve 280 students from 2-14 years of age in beautiful Montessori environments. We proudly honor each child’s natural desire to learn, and prepare intentional environments in which to inspire a life-long love of learning.
The Director of Advancement is a senior member of the administrative leadership team charged with building relationships that translate directly and indirectly to the sustainability of the school. He or she will be responsible for creating and executing a development plan that includes the successful attainment of the school’s philanthropic goals (Annual Fund, Endowment Funds, Special Projects, Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns), the cultivation of alumni and friends, the solicitation of major donors, stewardship and solicitation of current and past donors, and the planning and management of special events. The Director of Advancement will work closely with the Administrative Leadership Team, Board of Trustees, and volunteers as part of a collaborative team who will advance the school financially and otherwise.
• Work within the Senior Leadership of the school to structure the operations of the
Development office to further RMS’s mission and advance its position within the
• Develop and implement RMS’s long-term and sustainable fundraising strategy and its
translation to annual fundraising plans
• Cultivate relationships and secure financial support for the school’s programs from
individuals, corporations, and foundations
• Build and strengthen relationships with RMS alumni
• Design and lead the school’s capital giving efforts
• Manage fundraising data, ensure policies are followed and supervise the processing of
• Oversee the development and planning of the school’s special events
• Manage various volunteer groups (Class Captains, Alumni Association, Board
Advancement Committee, Special Event Committee)
• Manage the school’s Advancement staff
• Lead the school’s Strategic Advancement Team
The deadline for applications is February 28, 2018. The position begins on or before July 1, 2018. Richmond Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer and an open and affirming community. We seek candidates of diverse backgrounds.
— Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in relevant field and minimum of 5 years of Advancement, Development or Admissions experience in an independent school setting.
–Previous experience and excellence that has yielded proven, quantifiable success in development leadership. Experience in a Montessori school is desirable.
–Knowledge and confidence in data management, including knowledge of process and procedures for the management of all types and designations of giving
–Wildly creative and equally disciplined and action oriented
–Outstanding communication skills with an energetic, positive approach to work
–Central belief in the importance of excellence in education and in RMS’s mission and program
__ Familiarity with strategic planning, capital campaigns and capital fundraising
Highly competitive compensation package commensurate with credentials.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Grainne Murray, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Integration Specialist
Richmond Montessori School seeks a technology integration specialist who will work collaboratively with teachers to provide support and assistance in the integration of instructional technology across the curriculum. The technology integration specialist will serve as an advocate for instructional technology initiatives and support implementation of the strategic instructional technology plan.
Instructional Technology Integration
- Work with teachers to identify and collaboratively plan the integration of technology into specific units or projects.
- Provide individual and group instruction with teachers and students in the use of various instructional technologies including iPads, Google Classroom and Suite, on-line resources, learning apps, etc.
- Promotes use of technology to provide avenues for curiosity, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration in a student-centered way.
- Utilizes passion or genius hour projects to allow students to select and interpret elements of the real world that interest them through a digital lens, i.e., coding, design strategies creative apps, Google Maps, Adobe Spark, Google Draw, etc.
- Disseminate information regarding technology integration best practices and promote the sharing of resources and ideas.
- Serve as a member of the instructional technology team to communicate developments and suggestions regarding instructional technology initiatives.
- Reports to: Assistant Head of School
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Educational Technology or related field is preferred.
- Experience in an education environment, specifically K-12, is preferred.
- Experience working with Windows, Mac, iPads, Android, Windows Server and iOS devices.
- Knowledge of Google Apps for Education, iOS device management, and other cloud based services.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, and teacher certifications to email@example.com.
We are currently seeking substitute teachers:
If you are interested in subbing at RMS, please email this application, your resume and letter of interest to Assistant Head of School, Kim Waite, at firstname.lastname@example.org.