Our private school employs lead teachers who hold their Montessori Teacher Certification from the American Montessori Society (AMS) or the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) at the level they are actively teaching: Toddler, Primary (3-6 year old), Lower Elementary (6-9 year old), Upper Elementary (9-12 year old), and Middle School (12-14 year old).
In addition, many of our lead teachers have degrees in education. Our teachers have received their training at a variety of accredited Montessori training centers in the United States and Europe. While our part-time teaching assistant positions do not require a Montessori teaching credential, we seek individuals with academic preparation in education (bachelor’s prepared) and classroom experience at the level they would be assisting within our school. We also have a variety of specialty teachers who are steeped in their subject area and who adapt their teaching style to our Montessori philosophy.
We are eager to meet Montessori credentialed teachers throughout the year who are interested in working at our school. In this way, when we have an opening, we can contact candidates who already know about our school and who may have already visited us.
Whether you hold a Montessori teaching credential or you have an interest in exploring teaching career with a Montessori private school we welcome you to sign up for an Admissions Tour. This is a great way to get a feel for our campus, teachers, students, and programs. Both the American Montessori Society and the Association Montessori Internationale are wonderful resources for learning more about Montessori philosophy and to find out more about Montessori teacher training programs. Richmond Montessori School offers a limited number of internships for Montessori teacher candidates seeking to complete their practicum year in a dually accredited Montessori school. If you are interested in a teaching internship at RMS, please contact the school for more information.
If you are a highly motivated team player who holds an AMS or AMI teaching credential in Toddler, Primary, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary or Middle School, and you would like to find out more about teaching opportunities with RMS, please email this application, your resume and letter of interest to Assistant Head of School, Kim Waite, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Opportunities For 2018
Technology Integration Specialist
Richmond Montessori School seeks a technology integration specialist who will work collaboratively with teachers to provide support and assistance in the integration of instructional technology across the curriculum. The technology integration specialist will serve as an advocate for instructional technology initiatives and support implementation of the strategic instructional technology plan.
The Technology Integration Specialist will:
- Work with teachers to identify and collaboratively plan the integration of technology into specific units or projects.
- Provide individual and group instruction with teachers and students in the use of various instructional technologies including iPads, Google Classroom and Suite, on-line resources, learning apps, etc.
- Promote use of technology to provide avenues for curiosity, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration in a student-centered way.
- Utilize passion or genius hour projects to allow students to select and interpret elements of the real world that interest them through a digital lens, i.e., coding, design strategies creative apps, Google Maps, Adobe Spark, Google Draw, etc.
- Disseminate information regarding technology integration best practices and promote the sharing of resources and ideas.
- Serve as a member of the instructional technology team to communicate developments and suggestions regarding instructional technology initiatives.
- Reports to Assistant Head of School
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Educational Technology or related field is preferred.
- Experience in an education environment, specifically K-12, is preferred.
- Experience working with Windows, Mac, iPads, Android, Windows Server and iOS devices.
- Knowledge of Google Apps for Education, iOS device management, and other cloud based services.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
To apply: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, and teacher certifications to email@example.com.
We are currently seeking substitute teachers:
If you are interested in subbing at RMS, please email this application, your resume and letter of interest to Assistant Head of School, Kim Waite, at firstname.lastname@example.org.