Learn More About the RMS Community
Richmond Montessori School welcomes all students, families, teachers, staff, and trustees who wish to make a positive contribution to our community, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, family composition, religion, beliefs, or country of origin. Furthermore, we aspire to be a community where every member has equitable access to the resources we are able to provide, and feels valued, engaged, safe, and supported.
Director of Admissions and Enrollment management
804.741.0040 ext. 14
We welcome inquiries and applications from all families with children ranging from 18 months to 14 years of age (Toddler through 8th grade).
Join us on campus! Meet our Director of Admissions and our Level Directors to learn more about our programs.
The application deadline for the first round of decisions is January 15, 2024.
Step 1: Inquire
Step 2: Attend an Admissions Event
Prospective parents are encouraged to attend an Admissions Event before applying. Please see these event dates and times under "Admissions Events" below.
Step 3: Apply
Those wishing to apply to our programs should go here. Applications will not be considered until ALL steps have been completed.
Step 4: Upload Documents
For all applicants, please upload a photo of your child and submit with your child's application; Parents will need to submit a Parent Release Form for all P3/K-8th grade applicants; 1st through 8th grade applicants will also need to submit both a Teacher and Administrative Recommendation Form. All of these documents can be found below under "Apply Now."
Step 5: Schedule a Visit
- Toddler applicants will be invited to small group toddler morning visits January
- Primary 1 and 2 applicants will schedule individual classroom visits
- Primary 3/kindergarten - Middle School applicants schedule individual assessment visits
Step 6: Admissions Notifications
- Upon completion of a scheduled visit and submission of required paperwork, applicants will be notified of an admission decision via e-mail
- Students can only be added to the waitlist after ALL application steps are completed and it has been determined no space is available
Join us this Fall for our Admissions Events on campus! Request More Information Here to register for an Admissions Event.
- Toddler & Primary (18 months-6 years)
- Thursday, October 26th, 9am-10:15am (SESSION FULL)
- Tuesday, November 7th, 9am-10:15am (SESSION FULL)
- Thursday, November 16th, 9am-10:15am
- Tuesday, December 5th, 9am-10:15am
- Elementary & Middle School
- Thursday, November 9th, 9am-10:30am
- Wednesday, December 6th, 9am-10:30am