The Richmond Montessori Parents Association (RMPA) nurtures a strong school community for students and families through special projects and events that support and promote the school’s mission. The RMPA executive committee works closely with the school leadership team to plan multiple community-wide events and activities throughout the school year.
The RMPA is planning an exciting year for RMS. Stay tuned for opportunities to volunteer and a calendar of events.
Executive Committee 2020-2021
President – Megan Tricarico
Vice President – Alison Chesson
Secretary – OPEN
Treasurer – Ian Menear
RMPA Meetings Dates – 2020-2021
The RMPA holds monthly planning meetings and all parents are welcome to attend and participate in RMPA events.
All RMPA meetings will meet virtual via this Google Meet.
- Sept. 10 @ 9:30 am
- Oct. 8 @ 7 pm
- Nov. 12 @ 9:30 am
- Dec. 10 @ 7 pm
- Jan. 14 @ 9:30 am
- Feb. 11 @ 7 pm
- March 11 @ 9:30 am
- April 15 @ 7 pm
- May 13 @ 9:30 am
Monthly Coffee Chats
The Coffee Chats are an opportunity to join other families in our community to discuss various topics in a casual virtual setting. Topics will be sent in advance. (All coffees are at 10 am.)
All RMPA meetings will meet via this Google Meet.
Oct. 22 at 10 a.m. This month's topic is: "What to do when you and your child are stuck in a bad pattern."
Nov. 19 at 10 a.m. This month's topic is: "Let's talk about how we handle anger in our homes: when your child gets angry, and when you get angry at your child."
Dec. 17 at 10 a.m. This month's topic is: "We are all tired of telling them five times! How do we get our children to listen?"
Jan. 28 at 10 a.m.
Feb. 25 at 10 a.m.
March 25 at 10 a.m.
April 22 at 10 a.m.
- May 27 at 10 a.m. v
RMPA Sponsored Events and programs– 2020-2021
- Virtual BBGB Book Fair: November 16 - 22
- Class Rep events (held virtually)
- RMPA service to RMS Staff:
- Monthly lunches delivered
- Holiday lunch/party
- Holiday/end-of-term gifts
- Community service
The following events are on hold for the second semester. If circumstances change, we may be able to have these in-person events:
- Weekly Lunch Service (on hold until further notice)
- Family Fun Night
- Conference Day Child Care (TBD for 2nd semester)
- School-wide Dance
- Family Picnic
- Teacher Appreciation Week
(Chair positions for 2nd semester will be announced at a later date)
Adrienne Cleveland, Staff Events Chair
Katie Houston, Virtual Book Fair Chair
Jocelyn Adelman, Monthly Coffee Chats Chair
Kathleen Bobbio, Community Service Chair
RMPA 2020-2021 Class Reps:
Calling parents to serve as RMPA Class Representatives for this year. RMPA Class Representatives serve as a community representative for each class. This is a very key role this year as we work to keep our community strong and connected. This person will:
- Commit to attending virtual RMPA monthly meetings (2nd Thursday of each month), bringing ideas and suggestions from the class to the meetings, and sharing meeting minutes with the class afterward.
- Optional role of the RMPA rep: Build community virtually with your class and level by hosting virtual events.
- If circumstances change, in-person events may be possible in the 2nd semester. Reps will be updated regularly.